The amazing benefits of massage !
Swedish massage is sometimes also called traditional massage. One of the primary goals of the Swedish massage technique is to relax the entire body. But Swedish massage therapy goes beyond relaxation and is exceptionally beneficial for increasing the level of oxygen in the blood, decreasing muscle toxins, improving circulation and flexibility while easing tension.
A study conducted by the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine in USA found that volunteers who received a 45-minute Swedish massage experienced significant decreases in levels of the stress hormone cortisol. Volunteers also had increases in the number of lymphocytes, white blood cells that are part of the immune system, and a boost in the immune cells that helps fight colds and flu.
Swedish massage is certainly a wonderful way to pamper yourself, but it is also an important and effective type of therapy for many people who rely on Swedish massage therapy to support good health and to manage a variety of health conditions.
Here are the common benefits of Massage Therapy:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.