Most people are familiar with the body’s vessel system that carries blood to and from the tissues, but few understand that there is another equally vital system of vessels that removes cell wastes, proteins, excess fluid, viruses, and bacteria. Made up of lymphatic vessels and nodes, the lymph system picks up fluids and waste products from the space between the cells and then filters and cleanses them. Its primary job is to move immune cells and dead cellular debris through the body to where it can be removed or reused. A poorly functioning and congested lymphatic system can lead to serious illnesses and chronic diseases which stem from a weakened immune system. In those situations, our bodies are more at risk to develop cancer, blood pressure and heart diseases.
Lymphatic drainage is a gentle, rhythmical massage treatment that stimulates the circulation of lymph fluid around the body. This helps to rapidly speed up the removal of wastes and toxins from a sluggish lymphatic system. Lymphatic massage can also aid in the prevention of swelling after injury or surgery. It is also thought to provide a major boost to your immune system and relieve symptoms of chronic fatigue and pain. During the Lymphatic Drainage, I use a special blend of essential oils in order to combine the benefits of the massage and Aromatherapy for better results.
Lymphatic Drainage is highly recommended for those particular conditions:
- Swollen legs or arms due to fluid retention
- Swelling of a limb: pre or post-surgery
- Lymphoedema & edema
- Post-mastectomy or breast cancer treatment
- Breast tenderness & congestion
- Fibromyalgia & Lupus
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Depression & Anxiety
- Hormonal & emotional imbalances
- Cellulite fat accumulation and weight gain
- Recurrent infections such as colds, flu, tonsillitis, sinus & yeast infections
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Sports injuries (e.g. bruises, sprains and even fractures (in acute stage) where remedial massage is not indicated)
What results can you expect from a Lymphatic drainage?
The primary result from manual Lymphatic Drainage is an increase in the lymph flow, which can reduce swelling and edema. A full body lymphatic drainage treatment can increase the flow of lymph through the heart from two liters per day to over 25 liters per day! Depending on the condition you are seeking treatment for, other benefits generally include:
- Pain reduction (by sedation of the sensory nerve endings)
- Reduction in healing time post-surgery or post-injury. (Manual lymphatic drainage is gentle enough to be used immediately after surgery or injury).
Price: 80$/1 hour – 100$/1.5 hour